I’m hosting a workshop for aspiring authors and illustrators (as well as teachers, librarians or anyone else who loves children’s books) on Sept. 19 at my studio in Mobile, Alabama. This will be a Saturday afternoon workshop, from 1:30 until 5:30. The cost is $45, and includes illustrated take-home resource materials. Come be informed and inspired!
The workshop covers:
- current trends in the children’s book market
- layout and page design
- copyright protection
- how to write a query letter
- what to put in a submissions package
- using images to move a story forward
- what should be included in a publishing contract
- how to build an illustration portfolio
- child-oriented magazine and greeting card markets
- individual feedback
This is always a very interactive workshop, with lots of questions and discussion, all in an informal setting. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in the area who have an abiding interest in children’s books. And it’s just plain fun.
For more information — or to reserve a spot in the workshop — email me at email@example.com or send me a Facebook message.